Why I’m here ~
This is the first assignment we were given in a Blogging 101 Course Word Press offered. We were to write an introduction of why we are here, taking this class and wanting to blog. This is my post:
My Love of Writing and Storytelling
I’ve wanted to start a blog for some time now. I have already created quite a few blog posts on three different blogs:
If you click on the links, please hit the back arrow to return to this post,
I’m a “Hands On Person” so I dived right into the “unknown” and began testing the waters, literally, as one of my first blogs was all about water. I wrote this before taking this Blogging 101 Course. Feel free to check out my Savvy Grams posts on different hot springs I’ve discovered and my love affair with water. Please click the back arrow if you follow this link to return to this post. Thanks! https://savvygrams.wordpress.com/2015/01/02/mineral-springs-i-have-discovered/
I hope to utilize Photography, Music, Quotes and Historical Facts in my blogs. I like blogs that revolve around a theme. As a lover of stories, I will be posting personal stories I want to share.
I am attempting to learn to be a better blogger. Today’s assignment asked us to list things we’re working on.
- I want to learn how to insert music into my blog and not have to be taken out of my blog to You Tube but just have background music going on during the post presentation for one thing.
- I also want to write something meaningful, of interest to myself and my readers.
- I would like to learn how to set up a forum page around a topic that calls for discussions.
- I also don’t understand “excerpts” and, although I have tried to use this a few times, they never show up on a post.
- Also, want to know when to use posts vs pages.
- I want to put the various/random blog posts I’ve made into the right Blog; to categorize them into a neat folder where they belong. (This feels like trying to get all my photos on my computer organized! I’m not sure I will ever get either of these tasks completed but this is really something I hope to accomplish in this lifetime!)
I am super excited to be part of this Blogging 101 Course and finally learn how to do some of these things without groping around in the dark, on my own. I am excited to be in a group session where we can get honest feedback and learn together.
So, school begins!